Introduction of Course:
The course has been designed for Computer Science graduated students by keeping the current demands and expectation of the industry in mind. The basic aim is to attain an application of the theory of Computing Science to the solution of practical problems with experience of a range of Software and Hardware systems in current profession M.Sc.[Computer Science] graduates can start their career as programmers / developers in the field of Application, development, Project Managers and Software Testing. The research horizons also open up after completion of this course.
Objective of the course:
- To provide specialization in computer science with technical, professional and communications skills
- To train future industry professionals.
- To prepare graduate students for a professional career in software industry and academia by providing an outstanding environment for teaching and research in the core and emerging areas.
Highlights of the course:
- Well-equipped and automated library.
- ICT supported project based learning.
- Value-Addition through certificate programs.
- Industrial visits/study tours.
- Guest lectures/seminars.
- Credit Based System.
- Every year Industrial Visit organized by the college
- Bachelor of Computer Science (BCS) with 50% marks (45% marks for Reserved category) OR
- B.Sc (Computer Science) with 50% marks OR
- Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Science/ Information Technology/Electronic Telecommunication with 50 % marks.
Merit based on score of common Entrance Test & Interviews conducted by the colleges and percentage of marks scored at graduation.
- 50 marks of Internal Evaluation .
- 50 marks of Internal Evaluation .
Course structure: MSc(CS) Master of Science (Computer Science) Part - I
|CS 101||Principles of Programming Languages (Core)|
|CS 102||Advanced Networking (Core)|
|CS 103||Distributed Database Concepts (Core)|
|CS 104||Design and Analysis of Algorithms (Core)|
|CS 105||Network Programming(Core)|
Minimum Credit: 25 Maximum Credit: 25. Core Subject is compulsory. IA :- Internal Assessment, UE :- University Examination
SEM - II
|CS 201||Digital Image Processing (Core)|
|CS 202||Advanced Operating Systems (Core)|
|CS 203||Data Mining and Data Warehousing (Core)|
|CS 204||Project (Core)|
|CS 205||Programming With DOT NET (Elective)|
|CS 206||Artificial Intelligence (Elective)|
|CS 207||Advance Design and Analysis of Algorithms (Elective)|
Minimum Credit: 25 Maximum Credit : 30. Core Subject is compulsory. From elective courses student can select one course for minimum credit and two for maximum credit. IA :- Internal Assessment, UE :- University Examination.
MSc (CS) Master of Science (Computer Science) Part - II
|CS 301||Software Metrics & Project Management (Core)|
|CS 302||Mobile Computing (Core)|
|CS 303||Soft Computing (Core)|
|CS 304||Project (Elective)|
|CS 305||Web Services (Elective)|
|CS 306||Database and System Administrator (Elective)|
|CS 307||Functional Programming (Elective)|
|CS 308||Business Intelligence (Elective)|
Minimum Credit : 25 Maximum Credit : 35, Core Subject is compulsory, From elective courses student can select two course for minimum credit and four for maximum credit. IA :- Internal Assessment, UE :- University Examination
|CS 401||Industrial Training /Institutional project (Core)|
|CS 402||Parallel Computing (Core)|
|CS 403||Embedded System (Core)|
|CS 404||Software Quality Assurance (Core)|
|CS 405||Modeling and Simulation (Core)|
Core Subject is compulsory. If student had completed 85 credit within three semesters then no need to select any elective course otherwise student should select appropriate number of elective courses to minimum complete 100 credits.
Value Addition Programmes:
Aptitudes Training for the MSc (CS) SEM-II in the collaboration with renown Pankaj Gandhi’s Academy Pune
The post graduates of M.Sc. (Computer Science) programme may choose following areas as carrier option
- Software Developer/Programmer/Engineer
- System Analyst
- Software Application Architect
- Software Consultant
- Hardware Engineer
- Technical Writer
- Systems Developer/Engineer
- Web Designer and Develop
- Starting a new Venture